Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 1 year ago

Do you ever write poetry at a bar at night while drinking a beer (or some other alcoholic beverage)?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Best Answer

I make it a habit to carry a notebook with me at all times, so I often find myself scribbling in all sorts of places...bars, coffee joints, airports, train stations, etc....

• 1 year ago

as much as possible..it usually is ok until I read them out loud,

then I'm thrown out.

• 1 year ago

I kept a notebook for years and I wrote in bard on the street sitting on a bus anywhere. Most of it would not be considered poetry but sometimes it was.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

I write horribly racist limericks on bar-napkins and leave them where they'll be discovered after I'm long-gone. (I'll be at home laughing myself to sleep.)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Yes. I write poems on the wall of the gents toilet cubicles.

• That is some pretentious posing there.

While any poet might scribble down a few lines on scrap paper, only a complete tool would sit there writing. in public saying "oh look at me, I'm a poet."

• Sentient1 year agoReport

i would agree but not if the guy is good and it truely generates his poetry and inspiration,i have found under the pressure of the public it inspires me to write some of the best stuff as crowds make me feel ill generally.it depends if its some pretentious dick head then no then can eat he bar towel

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Anyone who brings a book to a bar, or even worse, a notebook and a pen, to a bar, is a moron.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

No, I'm not gay.

• 1 year ago

No, I can do that without leaving my computer at home.

• 1 year ago

No

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.