Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 2 years ago

Do you ever write poetry at a bar at night while drinking a beer (or some other alcoholic beverage)?

Favorite Answer

I make it a habit to carry a notebook with me at all times, so I often find myself scribbling in all sorts of places...bars, coffee joints, airports, train stations, etc....

as much as possible..it usually is ok until I read them out loud,

then I'm thrown out.

I kept a notebook for years and I wrote in bard on the street sitting on a bus anywhere. Most of it would not be considered poetry but sometimes it was.

I write horribly racist limericks on bar-napkins and leave them where they'll be discovered after I'm long-gone. (I'll be at home laughing myself to sleep.)

Yes. I write poems on the wall of the gents toilet cubicles.

• That is some pretentious posing there.

While any poet might scribble down a few lines on scrap paper, only a complete tool would sit there writing. in public saying "oh look at me, I'm a poet."

• Sentient2 years agoReport

i would agree but not if the guy is good and it truely generates his poetry and inspiration,i have found under the pressure of the public it inspires me to write some of the best stuff as crowds make me feel ill generally.it depends if its some pretentious dick head then no then can eat he bar towel

Anyone who brings a book to a bar, or even worse, a notebook and a pen, to a bar, is a moron.

• mokrie

No, I'm not gay.

No, I can do that without leaving my computer at home.

No