How do I know which religion is the true one?

Atheists: I'm one of you. I know the obvious answer.

But, the internet was barely a thing when I got interested in religion. And I didn't even know atheism was a thing yet. So my first question wasn't how do I know if there are any gods. My question was exactly what's in the title.

But, I have the internet now, so I thought I'd try asking it again. How do I know which religion is the true one?

Thank you for revealing the *truth* of the matter, relative to yourself, in adding, "Atheists: I'm one of you. I know the obvious answer."

But that means that your Question, "How do I know which religion is the true one?" is an *in*sincere one.

Your "obvious answer" won't lead you to the Divine *Truth*! So your *choice* is really that of remaining *ignorant*! Which is *fine*! Every atheist is making the same choice you are making -- so you've got all of them as your "support group". And i would say that Jews, Christians and Muslims are making a *similar* choice -- in embracing a *different* system of (largely) false beliefs, believing their beliefs are the FACTS of Reality! (And, certainly, *all* of you would say something *similar* in judgement of *me*!)

But the simple circumstance is: anyone who *truly* wants to know "Which religion is the true one?" *has* to be *sincerely* seeking the answer to that Question. And, quite frankly, that person has to be willing to devote a larger part of their life -- *every* day -- to seeking the true answer to that question, maybe *never* finding it in the course of a single incarnation!

How many different "religions" *are* there, on this planet, currently? Maybe at least 10,000? Are you going to be able to honestly learn about and consider (objectively & comparatively) the beliefs of *every* religion that currently exists (and even *then* -- what of ancient religions that have no living believers, now -- or future religions that have yet to come into existence)?

Until you've considered -- with *depth* of *genuine* understanding what *each* of them is teaching -- you're *really* NOT going to know. You can have an *opinion* -- that *all* of them are false -- but until you've checked out (in *depth*) each and every *one* of them -- if you're fully *honest* with yourself, you're *really* NOT going to *know*!

My personal perceptive is the *opinion* that most likely *none* of the religions is the "true one" (in agreement with the atheist perspective) -- but i am not *remotely* an atheist! i *know* (absolutely) that Christianity, Islam and Judaism (with the nature of the "God" of their scriptures, of the "God" that they worship) are largely *false* religions (but that does not mean that there isn't genuine *wisdom* to be gleaned from all the *dung* in their scriptures -- i'm *not* as spiritually blind as are the atheists as to be rejecting the "pearls" just because they're in a pile of *bullshit*!). But how much of one's life *does* one want to spend "sorting thru the crap" when there *are* other options?!

Rather than being a "follower" of *any* religion, i've chosen to go a purely *spiritual* path of Direct Personal Experience of the Divine (which is really much like the path that the historical Buddha, Lao Tzu and Yeshua went).

Thus, pretty much *every* time before going to sleep (occasionally i'm so dead-tired i forget to do so) i request of the All That IS -- *Direct* Divine Guidance... and i *listen* for it.

Perhaps for as much as the first 58 *years* of my life i never (as far as i was aware) *received* it! But... beginning around the end of February 2001, i *began* receiving it -- from Whom i perceive as being *Goddess Herself* -- the *real* Holy Spirit Who Guided Yeshua! After *Her*, then Yeshua ("Jesus" to most) began speaking to me, too. Eventually the *real* Heavenly Father (and Mary Magdalene) *also* began speaking to me. And by "the *real* Heavenly Father" i do *not* mean the *impostor* "God" -- Jehovah/Yahweh of the Ten Commandments or of the Old Testament -- nor do i mean the arrogantly ego-centric lying Allah of Islam. (Unlike the atheists i *don't* doubt the actual *existence* of these entities -- indeed Jehovah has *spoken* to me, telepathically, and i *banished* him from my presence like i would a *demon*. As far as i'm aware i've *never* heard from Allah -- or that *other* deceiver, Archangel Michael -- as best i know.)

Of course this means that i'm upon a very *solitary* path -- with *no one* else (among the incarnates) upon this world *agreeing* with me. What the hey! -- i've *always* been a "loner".

i'm a "mellow fellow". Perhaps my biggest "fault" (Yeshua, himself, *has* criticized me for it) is *rejoicing* in the number of Thumbs Down that Christians *and* Atheists give me -- and my belly-rolling and rollicking *laughter* when i receive such! It would appear that *those* Christians and Atheists would *prefer* me to be a lying *hypocrite* and speak out in favor of *their* false beliefs, rather than answering these Questions as totally *truthfully* as i am *able* to!

• Archer

One doesn't, that is why they are beliefs.

If you're an atheist and chose to reject faith, why are you looking for religion? why do you care which is the true faith?

You likely know my belief, response.

If you seriously, unequivocally believe in evolution, then I can't help you.

If you also believe in the Big Bang, I can't help you.

And if you believe USA went to the moon under Nixon in 1968 or 1969(?), I can't help you.

If you completely believe you live on a spinning ball going millions of mph through endless space, then nothing I'd say would make sense to you.

Those above beliefs are atheist beliefs that many Christians also believe.

I ALWAYS totally rejected evolution as a bad joke. I had a real science background so saw through it easily.

I still had to take it, though AND answer questions on it to PASS. If you did not agree=FAIL, don't pass.

I never questioned by bang, or globe, no opinion.

In 2013 I saw my first Flat Earth video. I just had to see more. I saw their points.

I became FE ...and took lots of abuse.

I saw how NASA was formed (operation paperclip). Saw the layers of lies.

Studied Buzz Aldrin, felt great compassion for him. He knows, is in a bind.

He did not go to the 50th!! Anniversary dinner for the moon landing.

People payed $500 and more to hear Buzz!!

I think Buzz believes in God: he's between a rock and a hard place.

I found Christianity true IF just the Bible was studied.

It's utterly unique.

But not for all.

The person has to believe on Jesus, see He is God, see the great miracle, understand His LOVE.

On my slow, winding path to Jesus, I encountered other religions. They didn't pass muster, just weren't good enough.

Christianity is more than good enough. It's me that's not. It's me needing Salvation, needing forgiveness, needing TRUTH.

I join the apostle Paul who said...Let God be TRUE and every man a liar.

My life has led me to learn some of the lies, many of which I bought.

But no more.

It must be ..unsettling to wonder and not know.

Jesus is the anchor of my soul.

You look at the claims the religions make and see if there is evidence for them and if they fit in with everything else we know about life, universe and everything. Given that there is no objectively verifiable evidence for any gods, that puts most religions at a disadvantage from the start.

Here is what I did, i kept asking the lord whitch church Lord witch church should I go to whitch Lord tell me is it this one? is it this one, which one Lord, is it this one, and then one day I was just walking but one church not thinking about asking the Lord anything and then " he says look to your LEFT!" I look and see a church! I then ask is that the church lord? Lord is that the church lord that you want me to go to? Lord hi lord I heard you say look to your left Lord tell me to walk to this church lord tell me to ask the pracher to dance for me lord, lord tell me to walk fast lord. tell me something Lord? lord? lord? hi lord? are you there, lord?

Just read the Bible

Every group will say theirs is special, has a unique truth unknown to all others, and they're the only correct one.

Theyl all phrase this differently, typically by using their particular religions holey texts.

Most call all other gods outside of their own religion either false or devils.

And most call members of all other religions blinded, and unwilling to see "the obvious truth". Again, phrasing will varry depending on what religion it is.

• BJ

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;  one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. 

Today, millions may claim to be Christians, but they disown God by their works, because they are detestable and disobedient and not approved for good work of any sort. Titus 1:16 

It is good for us to remember that in the first century, genuine Christians were hated by many if not the majority of their contemporaries. That is why the apostle Peter wrote: “If you are being reproached for the name of Christ, you are happy, because the spirit of God is resting upon you.” 1 Pet. 4:14. 

Can those inspired words be applied to Jehovah’s Witnesses today? Yes, indeed, because we bear witness to Jesus’ kingship. Thus, being hated for bearing Jehovah’s name is the same as being reproached for the name of Jesus Christ, who said to his opposers: “I have come in the name of my Father, but you do not receive me.” John 5:43 

Jesus was not saying that Christians would be witnesses only of him and no longer be witnesses of Jehovah. After all, Jesus is called “the Faithful Witness.” Revelation 1:5; 3:14 He is the foremost Witness of Jehovah and the model we follow. 1 Peter 2:21

Most, if not all Christian religious teach that all good people go to heaven, then I read Psalms 37:29 which says "The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it." I said to myself, some one is lying, well the Bible does not lie, but false religion does.

Since you have Internet now, check out JW.org for more information.

Find one for which there is observable, repeatable evidence.