I am 18 and I have a 2 year old daughter . My question is can I rent an apartment being 18 and working ?

If you can find someone to rent to you, yes.

Yes you can. You may have problems finding a place with limited income and no rental history and no idea what your credit looks like but you can rent a place if you can find a landlord willing to take you on as a tenant.

You may have a hard time finding a landlord who will take a chance on you.

Also, having a small child makes things more difficult, because it has to be lead free.

That leaves you looking at newer buildings and older ones that have undergone very expensive lead removal. Make absolutely sure you test for lead before signing anything, because lead poisoning can ruin your daughter's life.

• Bort

Plain and simple: Yes. You can.

No law prevents it.

Your child is irrelevant. Most landlords won't rent to anyone under 21. If you have a parent who will co-sign, then they are much more likely to rent to you.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.

If you earn enough. Expect to need minimum monthly earnings of 3 times monthly rent to qualify with landlords. However, if you do not earn at least 4 times monthly rent, you are likely to get into serious financial hot water very quickly. You have a lot of other expenses.

• Judy

maybe, if your credit is good.

I think you should be able to. If you are making enough to afford it, you should be more than able to rent (:

I wish both you and your daughter the best!

Yes, if you can afford the rent and deposit.