Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 years ago

Why does a child needs a father in his or her life?

I can see why a child needs a mother, but why a father?

Child rearing is about nurturing. Females are no more capable of this than males. Beyond learning their ABC and how to cross the street, a child needs to have two parents to model healthy interpersonal behavior. This is how a child learns to interact with others in the world. If a child grows up in social vacuum, they do not develop into well-adjusted adults. Also, with two parents (not necessarily heterosexual) the child is exposed to many more life experience as they would with one. One parent might love art, the other might be good at sport. The child benefits and so do the parents individually. A well-adjusted person is more likely to have well-adjusted children and that benefits all of us really.

• ?

Its always good for a child to have as many loving and supportive role models in their life as possible, especially when it comes to passing on vital life skills.

Aw, you have a sh*t dad. That's sad.

If you have a son, they would need the father figure. A man to look up to. I grew up mostly without my father with three brothers and it was hard for my mother cause they didn't take her as seriously. As soon as the stepfather came into the picture, they learned real fast how to behave and act.

• Mark

When children get to be teenagers, they really need their fathers to show them the right way to go.