Erika asked in PetsCats · 2 years ago

Review on Tidy cat breeze litter box?

I’m looking for al the information I can get.

-How many cats can use it

-How well does it work

-Was it hard on the cats to change boxes/litter

-How often do you clean it/ change the litter/pads

-is there off brand pellets and pad

• Deane

Why not go to Amazon and read the reviews from people that have actually purchased the box. I know my cats hated the feline pine brand.

It's crap and overpriced. Use wood stove pellets - all you'll ever needed.

• Laura

I had never heard of this litter system before, and googled it.

It is a single litter box, so only 1 cat should use it. The general rule with all litter boxes, of any kind and of any size, is that you have one box per cat. If you have more than one cat, you need a box for each cat, and an extra just in case.

This system seems very wasteful. You can get similar results from just using a pellet litter. I see no reason to have a pee pad hidden under the box. There would be dried pee all over the underside of the grate that separates the pellet litter from the pee pad, causing lots of odor. You should change the pee pad daily, so that is a large amount of waste.

Some cats really hate a change in their box or litter. Others don't care. Make the change slowly. Mix in the pellet litter gradually with the litter you already have until eventually its just the pellet litter. Then bring in the new box, put it in the same room, and see if it gets used. After a month remove the old box.

You should scoop a litter box once a day, so that means scooping the solid waste from the top daily, and changing the pee pad daily. You should completely change the pellets once a week.

You could use any type of pellets, I assume, as long as they don't fall through to the pee pad. I also assume that you could cut up a puppy pee pad, but it may not be as effective in catching the urine.