Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 years ago

Our dog ate fertilizer and not moving?

Our dog ate fertilizer, a lot i think, and he doesn’t have control over his bladder and not moving. They’re mouth didn’t foam up though and the other one seems ok. Should We be worried?

• Ocimom

The one dog is dying from poison and the other will soon be just as sick. Likely the one will need to be put down by the vet at this point and the other MAY be saved but ONLY if you get the dog to the emergency vet immediately.

Im not sure if this is a joke or not but please get them to a vet they need medical attention

GET UR DOG TO THE VET ASAP PLEASE!!!!!!!!

• J C

I am hoping this is a troll question. If not, chemical fertilizers are poison and both dogs need to go to the vet now, along with the bag of the fertilizer listing the ingredients so the vet knows how to properly treat BOTH dogs. This should have been done as soon as you had seen that the dogs ate it. The longer you wait, the more likely you are going to end up with two dead dogs. Foaming at the mouth or not foaming at the mouth means nothing when it comes to poisoning.

Should have been supervising and/or securely contained the dog in an already dog proofed area, everything put away so it couldn't access anything harmful as it's your responsibility to keep the dog safe from harm at all times by whatever means necessary, then this wouldn't have happened, as well as taken the dog to a vet immediately when you discovered this had occurred, as you're required to do by law, as needed in a timely fashion, failure to supply vet care is a felony, punishable by fines/jail time, a lot more than any vet visit, as well as a felony record, so I suggest you get going now if it isn't already too late, or start digging a hole, to bury it, making sure it's deep enough, so predators/scavengers don't dig him up and eat him that may also result in killing them due to your negligence.

Try go ******* yourself. Troll.

Hopefully you are joking around but just in case your not take your dog into the vet ASAP.

I don’t understand how people can think... gee my house is in fire, or my baby is choking choking and cannot breathe, or my neighbors house is being broken into.... and your first thought is turning on your device, logging into the internet, go to yahoo answers then post the question of what should you do. Totally amaze that people don’t have the common sense to simply think... gee my dogs not acting right, not moving, acting like he is drugged even though it’s just an over exposure to a lethal amount of a nitrogen based garden treatment.... the dogs not dead yet so I think I’ll ask strangers if they think I should take him t9 the vet. If he dosnt die while I’m waiting for answers then he should be okay.... right? Really?

If your dog gets into ANYTHING and he has Lethergy, VOMITING, DIFFICULTYBREATHING OR HEAVY EXCESSIVE PANTING not exerceise or heat related then your first thought should be. CALL YOUR VET. If the clinics closed there should be a referral of whom to call. The emergency vet number is available 24 hours daily but some see cliebnts at the clients normal vet offices.

• ?

Take him to a vet

• Laurie

You must be a troll because nobody could be this stupid.

Um, yes. Be very worried.