So I have a full knee cast and I NEED a shower, how exactly do I take one?

I know about putting a bag around the cast but how do I actually take one if I cant stand without crutches?

• n2mama

The sell shower chairs at medical supply stores, drug stores, and even places like Target. My husband has had multiple knee surgeries, and this is how we managed his showers. Shower chair and hand sprayer. Still need to wrap up the cast and potentially keep that leg mostly out of the tub if possible, but a chair will do you wonders. A lawn chair might work in a pinch, but will not have non skid feet, so puts you at a greater risk of falling.

If you have one of those cheap plastic lawn chairs, put that in the shower and then do like the other person said. Hang your leg over the side.

Maybe you better take a sponge bath instead. If your kitchen sink has a sprayer on the faucet, get someone to wash your hair for you. Or you could try putting a chair in the shower.

You DON'T. Take a sitz bath instead... Wash up out of the sink or bathtub.

Source(s): Retired nurse