I'm having trouble with my new guitar. Can anyone help?

I just got my first electric guitar a few days ago. It's an Ibanez Artcore AM53. Yesterday, I took it to get a set up but the guitar guy at the place I went to is out for a couple weeks, however, the people there at the time were impressed with it and said it's fine to play for now and I probably don't... show more I just got my first electric guitar a few days ago. It's an Ibanez Artcore AM53. Yesterday, I took it to get a set up but the guitar guy at the place I went to is out for a couple weeks, however, the people there at the time were impressed with it and said it's fine to play for now and I probably don't even need a full set up. Today I tried turning it and it was going well but when I got to D, it got a bit difficult and wouldn't tune as easily as E and A. I moved on to G-E (high one) and not only could I not tune it, but every time I'd move the tuners, there would be this uncomfortable clicking sound. When I say I can't tune it, I mean whenever I pluck the string, on my tuner it goes to high and then low. I can never get a clear reading even when I try experimenting with tightening and loosening. Can someone help me? Did I do something to it?
6 answers 6