How can Christian 'man-god theology' existing for 1500 years claim it knows better the meaning of Hebrew Scriptures 5th-llth centuryBCE?

• User

The question is nonsense on a number of levels.

In general, Christian theology makes one of these claims with regard to ANY PARTICULAR "Hebrew Scripture"

- Christian teaching agrees completely with that particular Scripture

- Christian teaching expands on / expounds on that particular Scripture while remaining in full agreement with it

- that particular Scripture is addressed specifically to Jewish people and so we Gentile Christians are neither required nor expected to follow it (ref: Act 15)

Isaiah 9:6,7 dear one. Jehovah had to be born as a baby. That does't refer to Hezekiah. Hezekiah was not the mighty God, nor the Everlasting father.

• Misty

By lying.

A person can know with certainty Jesus exists and is God by way of having true devotion to the Immaculate Heart of the Virgin Mary.

You raise an excellent point! Christian use of Hebrew scripture is sometimes suspect.

As a lifelong Christian, I do accept the mainstream Christian doctrine regarding Jesus. But I tend to prefer the Jewish Publications Society's translations of Hebrew scripture.

• Tim

Let us read some of that Hebrew Scripture.

Isaiah 65

1 I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.

2 I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;

Please tell us the proper interpretation for this.

Or how about this?

Isaiah 42

19 Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the Lord's servant?

20 Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not.

21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

22 But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a prey, and none delivereth; for a spoil, and none saith, Restore.

23 Who among you will give ear to this? who will hearken and hear for the time to come?

24 Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the Lord, he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law.

25 Therefore he hath poured upon him the fury of his anger, and the strength of battle: and it hath set him on fire round about, yet he knew not; and it burned him, yet he laid it not to heart.

or how about

Isaiah 56:10 His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.

Tell us the meaning of

Psalm 69

21 They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.

22 Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap.

23 Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to shake.

24 Pour out thine indignation upon them, and let thy wrathful anger take hold of them.

25 Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents.

26 For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.

Many Christians throughout the ages have claimed to have had the help of their god during their translation of ancient texts. Their idiot followers believed it.

• .

What is a Judeo-Christian?

Prior to Constantine, Christianity was widely regarded by all persons to be a Jewish sect—even by Jews who did not believe Jesus was the Messiah;

after the Constantinian revolution, however, Christianity was perceived as a totally separate religious system.

Constantine and his successors instituted a new form of Christianity which deliberately and actively divorced itself from its Jewish roots, and instead was infused with a Greco-Roman version of Babylonian paganism.

This new hybrid became what would now be considered “traditional” Christianity; but it is radically different from what the founders of Biblical Christianity believed and practiced.

For those seeking authentic Christianity as its founders intended, however, the obvious antidote for this condition is to re-establish the connection between Judaism and Christianity in the Hebrew roots of the New Covenant.

Not only are we seeking to heal the rift, we are seeking to restore the ‘one new man’ as the people of God (Ephesians 2:11-22).

the group most similar to Judeo-Christian expression would be Messianic Judaism, which consists of various groups of mostly Jews who recognize Jesus as the Jewish Messiah.

Overall, we could be described somewhat as a Gentile Christian counterpart to Messianic Judaism.

Judeo-Christianity teaches that Gentile followers of Jesus are fully grafted into the nation of Israel, and that God's moral standards apply to everyone—what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

God has broken down the wall of separation between Jew and Gentile, and he has created 'one new man' from the two. The Torah as interpreted through the life, fulfillment, and priesthood of Jesus Christ applies to all believers.

Why would we want to put our own spin on something, thinking that somehow our own contrived context works better than the Jewish context in which God revealed Himself?

http://www.judeochristianincharlotte.com/what-is-a...

• How do you say bullshit, the pizza of the four seasons?

JESUS WAS ONLY GOD IN FLESH FOR 33 YRS...WE NEVER JUDGED THOSE PEOPLE BACK THEN...GIVE IT A REST..I HAVE A SCHOLAR BIBLE . IF U HAVE REAL REFS LET ME KNOW..IT SEEMS U R JUST ranting.