Skookum asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

Does Trump say ridiculous things just to see how much nonsense Republicans will let him get away with?

TO THE TRUMPSTER WHO KEEPS MOVING MY QUESTION... Keep moving my question and I will keep re-entering it. That way it will get double the exposure and it will be your fault.

He's just as dumb as he seems.

Much of what he says is to just get the press irate, and they respond like the Pavlovian dogs they are.

Saying things deliberately to get attention, to draw criticism, is an old Republican MO. The masters of the art are Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly (back when he was relevant). They would say really outrageous things just to draw opprobrium from the media and the 'chattering classes'. Then they'd hold up the criticism to the camera and say 'See how they hate us?'

Trump's pep rallies are a good example. Trump deliberately tries to say things to 'trigger' Dems and Libs, and his fans just eat it up. THEY know they're not true. In fact that's the whole idea! The real purpose is to get Trump in the news every night.

Yeah, his fly by the seat of his pants strategy is just not all that good for pert near anyone, unless you make more than 100K per year.

I don't think HE thinks he is talking nonsense. The man is losing it and not making a lot of sense. His cabinet sees it, I'm sure most of the GOP knows it yet they are too chickenshit to do anything about it. He has bullied them into submission.

Let me clear this up for you.

Generally, we don't care what Trump says. We care what Trump does. And we love love love what Trump is actually doing as President.

Besides which, half the time you Libs take him out of context, or mock what he says when you shouldn't be.

For instance, when he called MS-13 animals and the Libs and news media tried to make us think he was calling Mexicans that. Or the time when he was talking tough to North Korea and you were saying he was going to lead us to nuclear war, only to have it lead to a summit to talk peace and denuclearization.

Possibly