i feel disconnected to my mom outside now that i do not resemble her and it's really bothering me?

i have always been so close to mother since the day i was born most of my life i resembled her and since i went through puberty i transitioned into resembling my father (whom my mom hated and never liked because he was a mean asshole and abusive to me and all my family) now i feel like that atmosphere and feeling is gone and it makes me really sad and mad because i don't feel much of her energy anymore should i get plastic surgery to look like her again will it help me my mom said if it makes me happy go for it but im worried i'll still feel the same way :(

youre still hers even if you dont look like her,

• Emizoo

NEVER apologise for who or what you are. Looking like you father does not make you like your father. You are an entirely different person and if your mother can't separate the two, then that is her problem and her problem alone. But that being said, you haven't spoken to your mother about this distance. There could be another reason, so talk to her! Tell her how you're feeling and that you wish you could have that close bond with her because you love her and want her to be in your life. But you need to stop blaming yourself and making yourself believe that you are to blame. If people pull away from you or mistreat you, don't blame yourself. You do not exist to please others or to be their punching bags. Value yourself for who you are and for what you have to offer to the world.

You need therapy.

• g

Work towards rebuilding that relationship with her. Plastic surgery won't fix that.

• Steve

Ridiculous thoughts can really wreck your day. Try not to do it too often.