Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 years ago

My parents are throwing me out of home and kicking me off all insurance just because I changed my name. How do I cope?

I work full-time but will barely be able to make ends meet when they kick me out. I make only a few dollars above minimum wage. I won't ever be able to go back to school - I'll be living paycheck to paycheck. I had informed them that I was going to change my name before I did and they only said that they were disappointed, nothing like this. I need to feel like I'm my own person, but still. I also have a mild form of schizophrenia and my company's insurance is minimal. I won't be able to afford my therapy or medications in addition to having to pay for everything. I feel abandoned just because of a private, personal decision. They hardly talk to me anymore. I don't have any real friends to turn to, or a partner. I'm going to be all alone. How do I deal with this? How do I cope?

You take paycheck to Heroin dealer, get a triple dose of high strength transport grade and turn blue- problem solved, no more hassles. What did you change your name to- Beelzebub? You cope? -you survive or not survive, go to Dojo and learn to concentrate on staying alive while others practice killing drills on you and you get to practice some killing drills on them.

• ?

The name change was just the final straw so to speak. They have been hedging, playing around with this for a while sorry to say. We come from a time when one was out after high school unless they were in college, hard to understand why kids need to be at home into their thirties now a days, it's insane.

• Maria

If you need validation that your parents are ****ed up, they are. Kicking your kid with medical issues off your insurance is hateful and disgusting and is the kind of thing that kills relationships forever. I suspect they may be trying to make you give in and won't really do this, and if that's the case, finish your education as quickly as possible and move far from these manipulators.

• Jamey

It depends on which you think is most important - changing your name which, after all, is only a group of letters - or not having enough money to live on which, could ultimately lead to homelessness and/or starvation and in extreme cases death. Also, many many people live paycheck to paycheck - at least you will have some money to pay for stuff. It's not like you will be completely destitute.

Don't change your name until you can afford to move out.