Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 years ago

Why do I get severe abdominal cramps?

I’m 17, a female and from time to time I get severe abdominal cramps. I know these aren’t menstrual cramps cause I get severe menstrual cramps and the two don’t feel alike. I talked to my doctor and she said I need to poop more which I did but I still get the cramps just not as frequent. I can feel them anywhere from my lower abdomen to upper, left, right, middle, you name it and I get them any time of the month whether it’s my period or not. I think it’s because of gas trapped but why

A doctor might know.

sounds like you have a bowel issue

• Tavy

I get these and I have IBS, if you look it up you will see they are the main symptom.

You need to keep a food diary and see what triggers them.

Nobody can give you an accurate diagnosis over the internet but it's likely related to what you eat. For example, you could be lactose intolerant without knowing it. Do you eat a lot of dairy products? Try reducing or eliminating them and see what happens. Do that for other foods that you may think are causing the problem but do it one food at a time so that you can isolate the problem.