Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 years ago

Why are parents like my aunt or an uncle allowed to use a belt on their children but not their pets?

Shouldn't children be treated as well as pets? My uncle had a dog he never belted, but his sons sure got it. The daughter was easy going and likely did not get belted but probably out of terror was obedient as she rebelled when out of the house and had three kids from two loser men, one a felon.

My aunt meanwhile beat her son with a belt but never her daughters. Her son was a normal kid whereas one of the daughter's was perfect and remains perfect, infallible. The other daughter has severe autism so did not require beatings.

So why are they allowed to use belts on their kids but not their pets? These are my Mom's only two siblings and their father beat them as well. If things were bad at work, he came home fuming, he pulled his belt off and beat the kids. My Mom was the only one who turned out good and she never abused us.

Their kids are grown up now as this was all 20 years ago.

• Suzy Q
    Favorite Answer

In most civilized countries parents AREN'T allowed to beat their kids with a belt.

You don't say where you live, but most likely all these kids would have been placed in foster care if anybody had cared enough to report the situation to proper authorities.

So? Your allowed to discipline children how you see fit.

• y

It was once common for parents to use objects to beat(spank) their children. Things have changed over time but some places still allow some objects to be used. As for why it is still allowed, that I can't answer. I was raised by belt, hairbrush, wooden spoon. Basically anything that they could get their hands on. For myself, it never altered behaviors, just become an expectation, especially becouse thier mood played more of role in it then anything I did. I have never struck my kids, never saw a need for it.

That's abuse and it's illegal.