Question Mark asked in PetsDogs · 2 years ago

Why does my dog lick the tears off of my face whenever I cry?

She would wag her tail, and climb up to reach my face. Then she would lick my tears and catch every droplet tumbling down as best as she can.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • PR
    Lv 7
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It might be because they are salty, by but dogs can also be quite sensitive. Some dogs try to console the people they care about.

My dog used to crawl up on my last when I get back, just to try to make me feel better. I didn't even need to say anything, she just knew.

Give your dog a hug, and maybe take her for a walk.

• Logan
    Lv 4
    2 years ago

Probably because they are salty. It could also because he/she feels your pain and is trying to comfort you. My sister's cat licks her tears away when she cries.

• 2 years ago

Dog is trying to console you. Dogs are very sensitive to your emotions plus your skin & tears are salty. Most all dogs are like this with their owners. Another reason dogs are mans best friend. Their love is never ending & NOT judgmental.

http://www.prestonspeaks.com/2011/07/16/a-dogs-ple...

• 2 years ago

Tears, like your skin contains salt and because you allow her to continue, without correcting it, training/correction is your responsibility, not the dogs. So stop anthropomorphizing your dog, as it has nothing to do with anything else, beside the salt and your lack of correction/training of the family dog, child....minors can't own property, dogs are property....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

You're making funny noises.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Cos your tears are salty simply

• 2 years ago

Tears taste salty.

• Sam
    Lv 4
    2 years ago

Because they're salty.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.