Question Mark asked in PetsDogs · 2 years ago

Why does my dog lick the tears off of my face whenever I cry?

She would wag her tail, and climb up to reach my face. Then she would lick my tears and catch every droplet tumbling down as best as she can.

• PR
    Favorite Answer

It might be because they are salty, by but dogs can also be quite sensitive. Some dogs try to console the people they care about.

My dog used to crawl up on my last when I get back, just to try to make me feel better. I didn't even need to say anything, she just knew.

Give your dog a hug, and maybe take her for a walk.

• Logan

Probably because they are salty. It could also because he/she feels your pain and is trying to comfort you. My sister's cat licks her tears away when she cries.

Dog is trying to console you. Dogs are very sensitive to your emotions plus your skin & tears are salty. Most all dogs are like this with their owners. Another reason dogs are mans best friend. Their love is never ending & NOT judgmental.

http://www.prestonspeaks.com/2011/07/16/a-dogs-ple...

Tears, like your skin contains salt and because you allow her to continue, without correcting it, training/correction is your responsibility, not the dogs. So stop anthropomorphizing your dog, as it has nothing to do with anything else, beside the salt and your lack of correction/training of the family dog, child....minors can't own property, dogs are property....

You're making funny noises.

Cos your tears are salty simply

Tears taste salty.

• Sam

Because they're salty.