I smell random perfume in my room?

Well, this is kind of a strange question, but bear with me. Ever since about half an hour ago when I laid my head down to go to sleep. I started smelling this strong perfumey smell when just a minute earlier, the room smelled of nothing. I tried to ignore it but it kept bothering me, so I turned the light on and looked for any source of the smell and couldn’t find anything. I’ve had my window open for about 20 minutes and the smell still won’t go away. I don’t even recognize the smell and I don’t wear perfume, so I really have no idea where this came from. Apparently it has something to do with spirits, and I’m not a paranormal person but I can’t really think of any other explanation. Could something else be causing these smells or is it possible that I’m being haunted? Thank you.

It could take days, months or even years to locate the source of a smell that comes and go, if it's real.

However, some "smells" are created by the brain (in a non-paranormal, but for most people unexplainable way) and they seems to be so real, that can't be differentiate from a really-real smell, unless more people are in the same room and the deny the presence of this particular smell.

• Kevin7

Maybe you should consult your medical doctor,it could be a medical issue

I don’t know maybe your sweat just smells very good and strong all of a sudden.

• In a certain sense, sometimes you can hear some scent, but must be well motivated by evil spirits, then, I say not unto thee the reason! I therefore do not believe in your history, now close the case, because it is not true what you have said!

The same happened to me, I came home one night and was just laying there on the bed when suddenly I could smell a strong perfume like odor, I was just wondering what it was when my rainboy leaped out of my closet and shouted "Surprise".

We had a laugh about that because he might be out of the closet but I am not.

The smell of course was his aftershave, I do love the smell of his colon..

• Tom

There are several smells associated with paranormal activity.---Apparently smell is the most direct route to the brain (Being the most ancient) and requires the least energy to establish communication---rather than sound, light, etc. The most common smells include---Strong "Jasmine" or "Rose" "old fashioned perfume"----This usually indicates a "Positive female" presence or energy. (whether se really used such perfume or not). "Pipe Tobacco" is another common smell, that indicates a "Positive male" presence. (if he smoked or not) "Sweetgrass" usually indicates a positive "Native American" presence, "Cooking bacon" is a positive "homey" or "Domestic" energy.----"Burning Sulphur" or "garbage"--usually indicates a negative or "Demonic" entity or energy.---------Why these smells is as they are is unknown. In these PARANORMAL cases, There is NOTHING Physically around that has that odor and not everybody can smell it---indeed there is NO REAL smell---the nerves to the olfactory lobe of the brain are being directly affected by weak electric forces, not sensor stimulation..

That happened to me. Look at your magazines... sometimes they have a perfume insert advertising a new perfume or cologne.