Is Mixed Martial arts teaching me bad habits?

My story is this, okay so I was bareknuckle sparring with a co-worker tonight and the thing is he is untrained and I am tranined and I was teaching him stuff but okay here is where things start to seem funny, when we started fighting Everytime I threw a perfect punch he blocked every single last one of them despite... show more My story is this, okay so I was bareknuckle sparring with a co-worker tonight and the thing is he is untrained and I am tranined and I was teaching him stuff but okay here is where things start to seem funny, when we started fighting Everytime I threw a perfect punch he blocked every single last one of them despite never being trained to block it's like it was natural to him but when he threw punches at me I could barely block them or react to them or understand what he was throwing he only hit me twice and I only hit him once. So tell me is MMA teaching me bad fighting habits with my defensive reflexes or is MMA or any fighting art a joke and no one should train in any because after what happened tonight it's kind of making me doubt any fighting art out there and I really don't think they are effective in a Street fight.
9 answers 9