Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 years ago

I never leave the house. I think I have depression?

Yes I reposted this question amd I apologize. All the answers for this question ended uo in my notifications and I cluosnt see then. Anyway, I'm 16. I feel isolated and lonely. I've been living with my grandma. I dont really have friends or a girlfriend so i never leave the house. I play games on my phone and watch youtube in my free time when in not working (which is most of the time). Because of this harsh thing I'm doing i feel like an idiot and I need to fix my grades for this upcoming school year. Im getting a car soon but I wouldnt know where to go. I feel like I'm doing something wrong as an average 16 year old guy. What should I do? If anybody remembered what their high school life was like feel free to help me lol. Also is this normal?

Favorite Answer

Focus on this:

1) going to the gym to get buff. And also studying weightlifting routines and tips on getting muscular and fit.

2) focus on your schoolwork and becoming as smart and educated as possible, and also getting as good of grades as possible

3) any leftover time, focus on googling how to gain friends and be cool etc. learn how to be cool and maybe get a Tinder app once you’re buff. You’ll be able to get babes

You are being way too hard on yourself. If you're feeling depressed, you should seek immediate professional counseling to help you talk through this. It's often available for little or no fee through health insurance. Almost everyone needs counseling at some point in their lives.

Now is a great time to focus on trying to become a stronger and stronger person every day along with doing your best in school.

A strong person has good character (honesty, integrity, trustworthiness), a positive attitude (cheerful, caring, friendly, forgiving, helpful, and respectful), fulfills their responsibilities (for handling pains in a positive way, for always trying to make a good choice, for taking care of themselves, for serving others), puts forth their best effort, and displays self-control (of their body, anger, tongue and money).

My second suggestion is that you decide to date one day you look for this type of person (otherwise you are setting yourself up for a broken heart). Unfortunately this type of person is difficult to find – but save yourself the heartache and don’t settle for less.

Hope this helps!

PS Here are "21 tips that could help you to attract a strong person" from the book True Love Lasts:

1. Take the time and put in the effort to become a strong person yourself (this is the most important tip)

2. Put yourself in as many situations as possible that will allow you to potentially come in contact with other strong people - community service organizations, the library, high school or college clubs, the “Y” or other workout facilities, religious book studies, coffee shops, non-alcoholic parties, bookstores, concerts (wear a good pair of earplugs to protect your ears from permanent hearing loss), co-ed recreational athletic teams, community service projects, mission trips, volunteer service, etc. Try to get to know other people as much as possible without dating

3. Be cheerful, approachable, and friendly - smile regularly to put others at ease (let people see your positive attitude)

4. Take a real interest in getting to know others. Ask people an open-ended question about themselves in order to get them talking. Share things related to what’s been said as needed to keep the conversation going. Then ask them another question

5. Be polite and kind to everyone - even to people who you don’t like or enjoy being around

6. If you decide to not accept a request for a date, do it in a kind way (being rude isn’t a good choice and it doesn’t help you - word about it will get out and you’ll become less approachable)

7. Be confident about yourself - if you’re trying to become a stronger person each day, you already have a lot going for you

8. Be humble - don’t act like you’re Miss Charming or you’re Mr. Wonderful

9. Don’t be concerned about whether or not someone likes you

10. Have the attitude that if someone doesn’t like you - they don’t really know you

11. Take care of yourself by getting enough sleep (at least nine hours for teens, at least seven hours for adults according to the experts), exercising regularly (if approved by your doctor), and eating a healthy diet

12. Develop a good sense of humor - including the ability to laugh at your own mistakes

13. Be known as a hard worker

14. Dress well and dress modestly at the same time (wearing seductive clothing doesn’t attract another strong person)

15. Pay attention to your appearance, but don’t obsess over it (remember that strong people are attracted to other strong people, they’re not too concerned about looks - because they realize that looks fade with age). If you use makeup, make sure it’s not excessive. Use perfumes and colognes sparingly - if at all

16. Truly care about other people

17. Stay in close communication with real friends who can help you through the ups and downs of life and hold you accountable

18. Be patient - real friends can help you with this

19. Persevere - please remember that almost nothing worthwhile is quick and easy. Please don’t settle for dating a weak person

20. Don’t take it personally if someone doesn’t want to date you

21. Don’t act desperate for a date

Source(s): True Love Lasts - written with a character emphasis for teens through young adults, Straight Talk About Teen Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 13-19, Straight Talk About Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 20 and up