rima asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 years ago

Loose skin after a second weight loss?

So when I was 18 year old I was 205 lbs and I'm 5 foot tall, so I decided to loose the extra weight and in about 5 months I lost approximately 80lbs, I lost weight extremely fast so I had some saggy skin. But soon after I started eating even more than I did before ( I was very depressed..) and now I'm at 200 lbs and I have been diagnosed with diabetes, high blood pressure..I was scared for my life, so I started exercising again in a more healthy way, but I have some questions regarding the elasticity of my skin, would I have even more saggy skin ? because even after gaining the weight back my skin is very saggy now ..And if someone went through this, what can I do to reduce it because I just started loosing weight and I don't want to make the same mistake again, and I can't really have surgery.

Thanks you in advance for your answers.

• Bort

When a person gains weight our skin stretches to compensate for the size instead of ripping or splitting like a shirt or pair of pants. Skin doesn't shrink as our body mass shrinks. We will always have the "extra" skin after losing a lot of weight no matter what unless (you're right) we have it surgically removed. It probably didn't stretch again adding more skin it probably just became more elastic because you're older now.

Being diabetic isn't the end of the world it just means that you have to watch and concentrate on what you eat to keep your sugar levels under control. Many diabetics live a long, happy, life on diet alone without pills or shots.

All you have to do is watch what you eat and keep your glucose in the range it's supposed to be in by what you eat and you're good.

Everyone eventually gets diagnosed with high blood pressure. It's part of being human. It doesn't mean you're going to die sooner than you're calling to go is scheduled for. It's your time when it's your time no matter what you do for or with yourself from birth until that time comes but of course the stronger you are the better you will feel which is what exercise does - makes us stronger. Exercise raises your heart beat, which raises your blood pressure. Exercise is not a cure for high blood pressure it is a cause of high blood pressure. Speak to your doctor about your exercise habits. Due to your blood pressure they may have suggestions but they will definitely have warnings.

These are common things billions of people have also gone through. You will be fine, just keep an eye on your sugar levels and don't over do it with the exercise.

• Kano

Loose skin takes time to shrink, as long as your not old it will do eventually. you just have to be patient.

Reduce your carbohydrates, they are the main reason for weight gain and type 2 diabetes.

You can live on zero carbs (eskimo's did) but you cannot live without fat and protein.

• k w

one of the newest and best things out, on the cutting edge is...https://nickswellnessreport.com/patricia-visited-h... decide what to do......

Besides dieting, you need to do exercise. Some weightlifting will help your skin tone up. Concentrate on losing weight more slowly, about 1-2 pounds a week. Eat and exercise like you weigh 120, rather than extreme dieting. Don't think "After this, I can do what I want." Think "I want to live healthy for the rest of my life."

So add some weightlifting in with the dieting. Start with walking (which is essentially a body weight exercise). Lift light weights with your arms, focusing on your biceps and triceps. You can learn this in magazines or online. For your legs, try squats. You don't need a gym for this, just some weights, which you can buy in a sports store.

You might find some therapy helpful, too.