How do I fix the font on my computer?

My cat stepped on my keyboard and I don’t know what he did but now my icon fonts look like this. How can I change it back? I have an HP that’s all I really know about it. I tried to look up the system info and I discovered that it and all of my documents are in the same font too...

It's amazing how many people blame a cat for problems with their computers.

Have you got System Restore turned on? If so, go back to a restore point before the cat walked over the keyboard.

If that fails, then restore C: from your latest weekly backup of your computer. This assumes that you bother to make any backups. If you don't keep backups, what will you do if the hard disk dies or suffers a major corruption.

Alternatively, look for the language and regional settings in control panel. Correct any settings that are wrong and remove any languages that are installed but are of no interest to you.

All of these might be tricky if you are only seeing an alien language.

It looks like the cat might have switched the computer over to a different language (my guess Thai, but I could be wrong). There is a language bar on the bottom right corner near the system tray. Click on it, and you might see the US English listed somewhere.

it would be helpful to know what version of windows you have there, but anyway I'm not sure how your cat could have accomplished this just by stepping on the keyboard. i'm wondering if you could have some corrupted system files or something.

sorry that's not much help

then again, maybe that's the cat language font or something. you could just have the cat read it for you

There's a settings icon. Tap it and you should be able to change fonts.