Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 years ago

My life is falling apart. Help?

It started about 2 months ago when my mom and dad got into a big fight. My dad ended up accidentally head butting my mom and she called the cops.

My dad was then charged with child cruelty and battery. He ended up getting out a week later.

I went to spend a day with my dad. He's not one to keep deep secrets. He ended up telling me how he wanted to get back at my mom for calling the cops and cheated on her but felt really bad about it afterwards. This was a 16 year marriage with no cheating whatsoever until then.

My mom became depressed which left me, a 13 year old, to care for my two younger siblings. As in, bath them, feed them, clean after them, ect.

I don't know what to do. I just want things to go back to the way they were before, but we all know that isn't going to happen. Can someone help, please?

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28, KJV).

• Janet

Things will not go back to how they were.

Just keep on doing what you can, and understand that none of us have a lot of control over our lives. Somehow, we all learn sooner or later how to make peace with this.

you should talk to a counselor about it, that can help you out

• Wesley

Your parents are going through a rough time. They are both adults and it is their problem to work out. You can't help them, but do your best to love them anyway. I am sure they will appreciate it.