Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 years ago

I'm in love with my bff's boyfriend...?

So, it's a long story... bear with me. I met this guy when we were 4, and we've been friends ever since. My bff, whom I've known since we were 8, started dating him a few months ago. Lately, I've been starting to realize that I THINK I like this guy, and I'm like: Oh ****! They seem really happy and all, but I cant help but think he likes me too. We hang out all the time, and we've been getting really close. He looks at me like he wants to kiss me sometimes, but it my just be my imagination. I feel like I'm betraying my friend every time I'm with him, and I cant say "You look good today" without feeling like a *****. Him and I go way back, but I just don't know what to do. Advice?

You wait until he’s single to date him. That’s what you do.

You had your chance to like him for over 10 years, b*tch. You didn’t say a word for over a decade, when he was single.

You don’t get to suddenly decide you like him when he’s now dating your best friend. That stuff is how you wind up dead or with no friends. You need to wait until he’s single, now. That’s what you do

He likes your bff. You should just distance yourself, that's what I do, but your bff is not really a great bff if she started dating the guy you liked. Just forgive and move on. Not all girls are backstabbing users like that, some are nice, and you'll have a ton of fun with the nice girls, and a ton of fun with a nice bf, although those are a bit rarer/more special.

Don't think you got used because you deserve it, it's really gonna happen a lot in life, and it is not because of you, but it is ok to set a few boundaries just in case, so that both men and women respect you.