Atheists, why do you resist God's love so insistently?

All He asks is that you open yourself up so that He can fill you with the Holy Spirit.

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Trouble is, I'm a top.

• 2 years ago

My pastor kept saying he wanted to fill me up with his holy spirit, also.

• 2 years ago

Why pick on atheists? There are 7.6 billion people on this planet, 5.4 billion of them reject the Christian God and follow other gods and other religions. Most are not atheists. Even among the 2.2 billion Christians, half of them are Catholics, the rest are divided among more than 40,000 different sects and religions all calling themselves Christian but all disagreeing with each other.

When you Christians can present a united front for your religion where you all believe in the same gods and worship them in the same way, come back and tell us about it. It would be a miracle so great it would be the long sought for proof of the existence of God and there would be no atheists. I won't hold my breath waiting.

• 2 years ago

New material needed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Wrong.

• Michze
    Lv 5
    2 years ago

I never heard 'Yahweh' saying anything from ha shamayim.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

I have buried too many of the victims of that love. We could all do without it.

• 2 years ago

"Why should I allow that same God to tell me how to raise my kids, who had to drown His own?" -- Robert G. Ingersoll

Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

• Word
    Lv 5
    2 years ago

God's never approached me. Only thing I'm resisting are the lies theists tell.

The Christian's lie isn't even a loving or just god. They say he is, but genocide, death penalties for sins, slavery, and eternal punishment is not justice or love.

• 2 years ago

I am completely open to love.

However, it is impossible for a nonexistent being to demonstrate love, or anything else for that matter.

• 2 years ago

Because you refuse to provide testable evidence for its existence.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.