Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 2 years ago

When a family or couple is having a big argument in a parking lot or other similar setting... why do other people stand around and watch?

I was at a big furniture shop, parked my car and am heading inside. I see a guy and a girl arguing, the guy bought something and the girl was refusing to let him put it in her car which looked like the car they both drove together in.

Not only that, but there were other people standing around watching them. Why would people go out of their way to stand around and watch an argument happening between 2 random people?

• .

They were making a scene.

Initially, bystanders wonder if they are actors or if the actors or scene is related or relevant to them.

Scenes have become rare in real life and you have to pinch yourself that you're not watching TV.

Scenes in real life are rare because people's lives have become so regulated and easy.

They are judging whether it's worth putting on Youtube.

• Maria

My hope is that they were preparing to protect the woman if it got physical. I've seen this before and the body language seems to be "I don't want to do this but I will if I have to."