Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 2 years ago

My rat is limp, breathing heavy, blood around eye? I noticed it on Tuesday.?

She’s just laying down, breathing heavy and there’s blood on one eye. She’s eating luckily but we can’t figure out what happened. She isn’t old either. We do have another rat in her cage with her but they’ve been together since we got them and they love each other. She also can barely move her front paws.

Separate them, Now. Or the other will get it. It is probably Myco (deadly unless you see a vet, Now) and an eye infection. You can get triple antibiotic safe for eyes and non toxic if animal licks it at a feed store.

One of my rats got it, it was $100 for vet and meds (a 3o day regime you Must follow), he got better, then I Stupidly put him back and he died.

Could possibly be a respiratory infection. It’s not blood around her eye, the mucus of rats is red and appears to look like blood but isn’t. It can sometimes form around the nose and the mouth, and it isn’t usually a problem unless it is happening frequently or along side other problems. Please take him/her to a vet ASAP, it’s not humane if you don’t.

She needs Vet care now. It could have been a fight, fall, not sure.

Go. To. The. Emergency. Vets. NOW

Geezus. So you've done NOTHING? Get the poor thing to a VET you horrible, horrible person! WTF????

Maybe tell a vet the situation, and see if you can get some type of antidepressant with a small stimulant in her veins, pray for her.