Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 years ago

Weight loss tips?

Hi! Er, I know this is a dumb question but I m asking so that I can have more success in losing weight and keeping it off. I m currently seventeen, and I weigh over 200 lbs (I m working hard to lose weight so I can lead a healthier lifestyle) but I m finding it difficult to do my workouts because I m constantly in pain. I know the simple science of weight loss (burn more calories than you take in—I ve been trying to do this since I decided to lose weight) but I m hoping that I can find some helpful tips that might help me stay on track. I ve so far lost about four pounds and I ve been working on it for two weeks. I don t wanna give up.

Eliminate NOTHING from your diet just eat less of the bad things. IF you cut out everything you love you have lost the battle because when you stop DIETING you run for those things you have denied yourself. The simple fact is cut back and get out and walk. YES walking will help you lose weight. Doesn't have to be 40 miles to start out but build up.

I am 71 and walk 6 miles everyday come hell or high water and I eat massive amounts of food to maintain 112 pounds.

• Luke

Tip 1. Eat less.

Don’t eat too much sweet

Run alot

• probably more air and less food and drink.

Exercise doesn't necessarily help you to lose weight that efficiently.. it is great for toning and keeping your body strong. And if you've been exercising for a while, you're building muscle. Muscle mass increases, and muscle isn't weightless.

One thing you can do is take your measurements every few weeks - waist, upper arms, chest thighs, etc. Sometimes the scale doesn't tell the true story about fat loss. Especially if you're exercising a lot.

And if you're in pain from exercising, you are overdoing it, and all you are accomplishing is over-working your muscles.

You might also try a proven weight loss method, such as the Ketogenic or Atkins way of eating.

When we lose weight and change our eating habits, it truly needs to be a lifestyle change as far as our diets are concerned. We need to be aware of what we are eating for a lifetime.... this doesn't mean people don't splurge from time to time but i had to change my outlook about food. Food isn't for entertainment, it's to nourish our bodies and give us fuel to live.

take care!

• Chris

Diet and exercise

• Eva

Constantly in pain from what? Did you jump into doing a hard workout right away? Back off a bit and start with something easier until your body gets used to it.

Pain should go away in 3 days. If u re in cnstant pain it means u jave too long breaks between work outs. If u work out every day pain goes away in 3 days

You don't only have to burn more calories that you tak in by doing exercise. How about eating less calories, that's actually easier and if you combine eating less calories with exercise you lose weight faster. I mean you can go do cardio and lose 300 cal in 30 minutes or you can eat 300 cal less and get the same effect. What you need to do is log in your meals daily on myfitnesspal.com, it's free. Once you start logging in everything you eat you know exactly how many calories you eat a day and then you can tweak your diet and try eating 20% less.