Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 years ago

Is it too early to take a pregnancy test?

So my period usually comes every month like clockwork.

I had the emotions and irritability just before I was due but never actually came on. I didn t think anything of it because there s a lot of things that can mess up the cycle.

I m only 9 days late.

However, for the past couple of mornings I ve woken up with this horrid heartburn. It ll last a few hours and then I m all better.

This morning I had it but decided to get a coffee before work. Made me feel so sick to my stomach.

Watched my co-worker eat oatmeal and it churned my stomach even more. After a couple of hours working I had a splitting headache out of nowhere.

I do have mild cramps and a slight backache but I figured that came from working a 10 day shift.

Anyways, took a test this morning and it was negative. Got bummed but shrugged it off.

Would it be a waste to test again? Do any of those symptoms sound like possible pregnancy?

And if I am, is it too early to test?

Sorry for the dumb questions! I ve heard many different things and so kinda confused.

A blood test would be most accurate. Wait a day and gain first thing in the morning and repeat. It should be showing up soon if positive. Negative tests super early on don’t always mean it’s really a negative. It could just be super super faint. But it’s definitely not too early.

If you are testing negative at this time, you are not currently pregnant and your symptoms are not from pregnancy.

Could you have ovulated late and get a positive test at a later date? Yes.

• Shay

You are not testing too early. Anytime you miss a period, it is enough time to test. Late ovulation can cause a late period. Late ovulation would also cause a delay in getting a positive test even after the period is late if pregnancy had happened during that late ovulation.

A late period can also be other things. Wait a few days, test again - be sure to follow ALL the directions of the test you pick.