Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

Why do liberal gays think they have a right to force Christian bakers to participate in their ceremonies that celebrate a behavior choice?

that is against the Christian's religious beliefs?

Sorry, but religious freedom is more important than your choice to practice a sodomistic lifestyle.

• TNO
    Favorite Answer

People see baking a wedding cake as a service just like selling a random stranger a pre-made cake without any further information provided. You aren't allowed to discriminate in these services where you have an item and put it up for sale to the general public. A lot of people view it the same way, based on how they view the way the cake is prepared and sold.

Now, your rather peculiar way of wording the question does emphasize what makes this case a bit more difficult to interpret: The fact that baking a wedding cake is also seen, by at least some people, as artistic expression and artistic expression isn't protected the same way. An artist isn't obligated to participate in this thing, nor does he have to sell his services when it's to create something specific for this. A lot of people just don't see the baking of this cake as anything more than baking a cake, and that includes a lot of liberals (and, tbh, outside of this case a lot of conservatives would probably agree). Others argue that the decoration and the uniqueness put into it does differentiate it from just selling a generic cake made for anyone, which I think the baker said he'd do.

Personally, I can see the arguments either way, though I tend to side more with the baker because I think he does have rights as an artist. It doesn't matter to me that, if I were him, I'd bake the cake without a second thought. I think that freedom to avoid participating in things we don't agree with is a right (ignoring certain obligations like taxes, of course); however, I also think it should be a right to be able to get any service without discrimination. I do agree with the idea that one can choose who he sells his artistic expression to, though I'm not completely sold on the idea that the cake case falls under that. In the end of the day, if I were gay and were rejected from buying the cake, I'd search for a different baker. I wouldn't want my money going to someone who hates me. As a Jew, I can say that these situations have happened before in my life.

Honestly, they still have the right to pursue happiness, and I agree that shouldn't infringe on your religious freedom. That religious freedom has no place infringing on their rights, though, and you can't enforce certain things against them just because you find them sinful. Where the line dividing the two and where the cake lies is really the debate.

How is being gay a behavior choice? Oh, are we still thinking that way? How very Old Testament of you.

Because they want their cake.

Why are you a moron? The world is chock full of vexing questions.

Bi*ch, please. Public accommodation is the best way to run society. You know that full well. Quit being a traitor.

Why do "christians" - much like isis, fyi - demand that people adhere to THEIR beliefs.

--

You most certainly do ninefinger. It's one of the reasons people are leaving the religion - and the gop. They're sick of the hypocritical bs.

Don't forget: god gave us all free will. Ya'll conservatives are hellbent on taking it away. How will YOU answer to that when you get your turn in front of your god?

Freedom of religion doesn't mean freedom to force your religion on other people you stupid troll. If you provide a service you are not legally allowed be discriminatory, and being a religious fanatic doesn't mean it's okay to commit a crime, if that were the case it would be legal for members of ISIS to commit murder.

youre just baking a cake. youre not having sex with them.