Is my flooring unstable?

I recently moved into an apartment that is the lower level of an old home. In the kitchen, the flooring is laminate (I believe) and has some dips and softer spots. It doesn't feel ridiculously spongy or anything, just a bit bouncier and they dip down a bit. Is this something I should be concerned about?

well, don't put heavy stuff there like the 'frig.

It sounds like damage to the subfloor. this could be caused by water, or something else. Let your landlord know your concerns.

It sounds like it is some water damage, and yes, that could cause a bad case of black mold if not other things. It is VERY likely that the landlord just will do nothing about it, so DO plan on moving out as soon as possible. RECORD EVERYTHING with pictures and even testimony, as you are in the lurch without them at all. Record all interactions with landlord too, cover your own butt first, right?