Is it me or do leftists tend to be incredibly hostile when debating?

Is it me or do leftists tend to argue in a mean-spirited way, not in good faith at all.

Right-wingers tend to do it too, but not on the same level in my experience. I am a centrist and I have experience of arguing with both sides. Anyone else that have had similar experiences?

Personal attacks is all they have.

When you ignorant morons start out by a conversation by calling people "leftists" you invite insults. It's like asking "how come spics and beaners are so hostile blah blah blah ....".

It's you.

Thefuq? Centrist my ****.

No more so than rightists.

Yes, every time I discuss politics.

But it does not bother me …...it IS what I expect from those who cannot back their arguments with facts or history

Here's a conservative arguing that the best way to debate leftists is to straw man their positions, attack their character rather than their arguments, and keep trying to change the subject to something easier for you to respond to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q79yQquKq7M

Youtube thumbnail

It's almost impossible to "debate" someone who lives in a manufactured reality.

The key words are "in your experience". Maybe people are just being hostile to YOU?

• Yavan

Conservatism in America has decided a few decades ago that truth simply didn't matter. The country is now damn close to fascism because of this. The time for coddling conservatives in their lies is over.

CONSERVATIVES ARE WRONG. THEY ARE MORALLY WRONG. AND THEY DON'T NEED TO BE REACHED OUT TO; THEY NEED TO REPENT.