Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 years ago

Is he serious about being my boyfriend?

I have been dating a guy for about a month, things have been going well. He came as my guest to a work party and was put on the spot when a fellow guest asked me if he was my boyfriend. Naturally I tried to laugh off the awkwardness of the question but to my surprise my guest responded with “yes I’m her boyfriend.” I was quite taken back by this (in a good way) as this wasn’t something we had discussed before. I asked him later if he was being serious about what he said - he said he was a bit drunk but still meant what he said. However I can’t seem to shake the feeling that he said he was my boyfriend to avoid awkwardness. What do you think?

If a guy isn't serious about something, they usually won't say it.

I find it a bit strange that you point-blank asked him if he meant it, he said yes, and then you don't believe him. What's that all about?

Maybe the two of you should discuss your relationship in more specific terms than "boyfriend" and "girlfriend". Those words don't mean the same thing to everyone. For example, have you agreed to date exclusively or not?