Questions about pinworms?

So i just found one on my ***. Short, white, thick as a thread.

I found it because the inside of my butthole was itching. But thing is, this has happened like 20 times at least throughout my lifetime (18) and i never really bothered to check, the itch was just gone the next day.

This time i decided that im fed up and used a q-tip to scratch the ich, but then i noticed a little wriggly mofo on the end of it.

So i recognize the ich very well and im sure its been pinworms every time - so is it ok to just leave it alone and wait for it to go away on its own?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

If you're serious you need to see the doctor.

• 2 years ago

Pinworms only use your anus when they come out to lay eggs - that's why it's itchy, they're squirming around doing their thing. They lay 11,000 to 16,000 microscopic eggs each time.

Those eggs don't just sit there. You are going to spread those eggs all over, and others will also get them. SO WILL YOU.

Anyone who ingests one of those eggs will get a pinworm. It will hatch in their intestine, and live and feed there. When mature, it will breed there. The males die after they breed, and the females then go on to the colon, where they attach themselves to the mucosa and feed off you. The whole process takes about five weeks.

They don't go away on their own, they just restart over and over. You probably haven't noticed, if they came out while you were busy or sleeping or whatever.

Get treated. Have your family get treated.

• 2 years ago

Treatment for pin worms is simple.

Time alone does not stop the problem.

Some people get so infected the pin worms have crawled out of the persons mouth to lay eggs.

Go to the Doctor, pin worms are more common then you realize. Learn to keep your hands cleaner too.

https://biologywise.com/pinworm-life-cycle

• Laura
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

You have internal parasites. They will not just go away on their own.

You need proper treatment from your doctor.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

doctor. only way to really fix this. if u dont see a doctor they will just multiply and eventually make u ill

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.