promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do bar codes annoy you?

I live alone, so there are things like dishwasher tablets and washing machine capsules which I don't buy every month. I can't compare prices in various supermarkets, because I can't remember what I paid last time and the price isn't on the package.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

then you probably need to shop more often. Compare reciepts, ask around, use the internet, Learn about it instead of letting yourself get annoyed by little things like bar codes.

You become a smart shopper thru experience.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Buy a black marker, and write the price on those items when you buy them. But what will that do for you? The price is very possibly different a few months later at the store you bought it at.

• Cymry
      Lv 5
      2 years agoReport

Yes, luv, but I can still figure out which store is the cheapest. However, it's not a bad idea, thanks!

• 2 years ago

The price would never be printed on the package as the retailers set the prices but the box comes from the factory.

Bar codes do more than just tell the price. They tell the computer system (for inventory) that the item was purchased and when enough are purchased, the store places an order for more of them.

Yes, it also identifies the item by price, but there is more to the bar codes than that.

• Cymry
      Lv 5
      2 years agoReport

Jeez! I know that!

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

No, if I was that absent minded I would write down the price of goods and check it at the supermarket.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

No

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.