Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 2 years ago

Whats the best way to convert an AR to full-throttle without attracting BATFE attention?

Favorite Answer

Go to the ATF website and click on the DIY projects link.

Don't! It ain't worth the the repercussions!

• Robin

go to Vietnam and pick one up, they are cheap

• C T M

Ignore these other guys, they're just being jerks about it. I'll tell you exactly how to do it and it's guaranteed to work every time.

Step one, Separate the upper and lower receivers after ensuring the rifle is empty and magazine is removed.

Step two, Remove the charging handle and bolt carrier group.

Step three, remove the firing pin from the bolt.

Step four, measure exactly and grind exactly 3/32" off of the tip of the firing pin.

This all the weight removal you need to make the firing pin move faster and give you full auto fire.

Step five. Install your lightweight firing pin into the bolt, install the bolt and charging handle into the upper.

Step six. Put the upper and lower together and function check. You are now ready to go to the range and load your full auto AR and test fire it!

Have fun and enjoy!

My take on full auto guns: I shot on our range machine gun team, qualifying with Uzi and .45 Thompson,

Unless you are doing something similar, full autos are a useless toy and simply not warranted.

Unless you have a FFL, possessing a full auto will get you in deeper $hit than you know, starting with losing ALL your guns.

It just is not worth it unless you are talking full blown combat.

Saw a guy bring an M-16 to the range, he went through guess $400 in ammo in under 30 minutes and left.

When I range, I go through 2 to 5 hundred rounds, better part of a day.

No need for full auto anything in my life. consider consequences for you actions.

First look at the penalty if you are caught without the proper documentation.

You may possibly change your mind.

Not a topic that interests me but there are drop in sear kits that were registered pre-1986.

Well, one way NOT to do it is to ask the question on an open forum in which they can subpoena your IP address. Hopefully you are using a VPN with a server located in another country.