Some chickadee asked in PetsCats · 3 years ago

my cat has, out of literally nowhere, started having odd head swaying... HELP i will call a vet but i can t afford a not needed visit.?

Okay so literally out of nowhere in the middle of the day my cat just came around the corner was sitting in my doorway and then meows really loud (she meows at me alot especially when its time to eat) but it was a odd meow for sure. then she does it a few more times and while I m looking at her I noticed her head swaying and she s a little clumsy on her feet when she walks and she is crouched down, which I thought was because it was raining and she absolutely hates storms... not so sure now, and then when she sat down I notice when she would look somewhere when she stopped moving her head would keep swaying. its not constant but it is not stopping either... and she s continuing to occasionally meow real loud. Make sure to fill up food bowl to cross that off the possibilities list. She s also being real clingy and yes its still raining a bit and she is scared but she is just not her self at all right now even if she is scared (Live in Pinellas fl soooo we get alot of storms i know how she acks) she s only a few yrs old. she was not acting like this this earlier and i did forget to feed them in the morning but they eat well i dont think that could have hurt much. Actually October (my cat) is a little bit overweight not much like maybe not even overweight but and she s bigger than my other cat (Pumpkin) from same litter but look pretty different... I m just trying to say everything that happened so i can get the best educated guess back about what could have caused this.

Favorite Answer

None of us can properly diagnose your cat over the internet, she could be in heat, in pain, poisoned, not sure take to a Vet, make payments.

thanks to you all and you where right about its not something that i can get a real answer for by asking the internet i did say i was already going to call the vet tho maybe it wasnt clear to you all. i just like multiple sources of information in any situation. and i know a few of you thought that I was just being cheap by not taking her right away... which I definitely wasn't i was being real about my financial situation and saying that I wouldn't eat for a while if I had to bring her to the vet was no exaggeration. Many of you don't have to live like this you always have spare money or savings or a place to get a loan... not everyone lives like that. i have already taken on more than my fair share ... but my family is taken care of, including the furry ones. But the way I live money is to the dime. Little hiccups completely devastate my Financial situation for months. But to say that I should just relinquish the animal because money is tight... wtf is wrong with your morals

• Ocimom

Get her to the vet - this IS necessary. Likely some kind of neurological problem, possible stoke, or other serious medical issues.

• Laura

She needs to go to the vet, ideally right now.

If she has access to the outdoors or to a garage, she may have ingested antifreeze. This will kill a cat if not treated immediately.

Get her to a vet. She may have an inner ear infection or a head injury of some kind.

• Eva

Check her ears for mites or infection. If they're clear, it's possible she could have had a stroke. If she doesn't improve in a few hours, you need to take her to the vet.

You can afford it since you can afford a computer, the cell phone and other luxries. Stop being cheap and lazy and take the cat to a vet and have it treated or surrender it

It could be vestibular ataxia, a stroke, your kitty may have an inner ear infection or it might be something else entirely. Is there any blood coming out of her ears? is she losing balance when she walks? you are right to take her to the vet. I do hope she is ok!