Serious Question for Men: Why Do You Automatically Assume that All Women are Feminists When We're Not?

Serious question though guys...why is it that most men automatically assume that ALL women (especially young ones) consider themselves feminists? A lot of us can't stand them and don't want to associate ourselves in the slightest, especially with whats known as delusional and radical 3rd wave feminism or any kind anymore for that matter. I'm in my early 20's and I'm appalled by the strange behavior and extremely delusional paranoid beliefs they have.

There are women who love men a lot as people enjoy their company and who definitely aren't bitter or crazy. I just think it's funny how some guys are convinced that all women literally think exactly alike when there's so many who can't stand them. There's actually women out there who enjoy life, choose to lift ourselves up and refuse to be feel bad for ourselves and complain about dumb stuff and also value family and other things. It's pretty sad to see so much negativity and bitterness for literally no reason. Trying to spread some optimism on here. I'm just saying something I've been noticing but I'd really like to know why it is this way as well!

• Joel
    Favorite Answer

Men don't assume all women are feminists, but you can't blame some people for thinking that when popular musical artists like Katy Perry say they're not feminists, get violent backlash and reconsider their views publically. There's a shaming that goes on for people who don't veer towards left leaning politics nowadays (majority of those pushing the shame) and it's understandable some think everyone is a feminist. In addition, there are conservative feminists as well.

• Lani2 years agoReport

Well then that's too bad because quite frankly I don't care if there's backlash and most confident women don't. No one should stand behind something that has become very twisted into something entirely different. It's not about equality it's bullying. Facts.

Just because you do not label yourself a feminist does not mean you do not share feminist beliefs most women I know share the same beliefs as feminists. Plus female nature in general is really really annoying. You only care about yourselves!!

• Lani2 years agoReport

False statement sir. Some people still have traditional values.

We don't assume any such thing. It could be the way the modern women of today differ a bit that do make men question what they are, but I don't really believe they automatically assume they are real feminists.

Why do YOU assume that all men think alike?

• Lani2 years agoReport

Maybe I'm wrong but lately I notice guys feel like they can't just be themselves anymore lol people apologize when they make jokes in front of me like I'm going to be offended when I'm not. It's sad..I feel like guys walk on eggshells and it shouldn't be that way at all.

Most women are not feminists.

• 2 years agoReport

Most of them are man-hating lesbians!

Youre all the same thats why, you follow satan.

• You made the claim you bear the burden of proof

• Lani2 years agoReport

There's a lot of women like me what do you mean? You probably just watch too much news and TV.

• Bill

Because you don't need to consider yourself a feminist to be a feminist. I know that 99% of women out there consider the fundamentals of feminism to be correct and I know the only real disagreements they have with modern feminists is over behavioral issues. Just look over your post and tell me that you actually mentioned any real disagreements with the ideology behind feminism. I think you know and I know that you didn't and that there is a very good reason for that.

• Lani2 years agoReport

You can have traditional values too care about a family and still work. Don't you agree? I don't think it would be fair to burden a husband with all the finances. This country is far too expensive today to live off one income.

I'm male and I don't and never have.

In fact only a infinitesimal percentage assum that.

Perhaps women who disagree with the less palatable aspects of modern feminism could speak up more about it. I know that it’s taboo for women to publicly disagree with other women on issues that affect them, but it’s worth it.

• Lani2 years agoReport

No it's not taboo.

• pmt853

We don't.

Why so many initial capitals in your post?

• Lani2 years agoReport

tried to make it eye catching