My grandma's confession kinda shocked me about love. Does true love really exist? Can you love just 1 person in your life?

My granpa passed away 2 months ago at 92. My grandma is 92 but she's still doing ok. She lives next block so I go see her sometimes,a lot more since my granpa passed aways. Last night we were talking about the past and she told me that today she wanted to go to the cemetery to visit granpa. I said sure. After... show more My granpa passed away 2 months ago at 92. My grandma is 92 but she's still doing ok. She lives next block so I go see her sometimes,a lot more since my granpa passed aways. Last night we were talking about the past and she told me that today she wanted to go to the cemetery to visit granpa. I said sure. After we paid our respectst to my grandpa she told me "I want you to meet someone". I was already thinking about some other elderly lady when she made me stop. "This is it" she said. I looked at the grave we had stopped at. It was written on it " PFC US MARINE CORPS- WWII-MEDAL OF HONOR 1926-1945-PURPLE HEART-LOVING SON AND BROTHER" and she told me that she was in love with that guy,who was her boyfriend before he went to war. He didn't come back and after a few years she met her future husband/my grandpa. It just kinda ruined what I had pictured in my mind, I always thought my grandparents were each other's first love. It also made me think that had that guy came back from the war I'd never be born. She told me that my grandpa will always be the love of her life but that she loved the first guy too. Can you love just one person in your lifetime?