Mo asked in TravelUnited KingdomEdinburgh · 2 years ago

My passport expired Aug 2017. Can I use a photo driving licence to fly from Edinburgh to Exeter?

11 Answers

  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

    I used my Australian Driving Licence within the UK

  • 2 years ago

    What does it say on the Airline website?

  • John P
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

    You are not going out of the UK so different rules apply. But had you really not thought to ask the airline first?

  • 2 years ago

    That will depend on the airline, an expired passport may be accepted,

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

    Why don't you ask your airline

  • Huh?
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

    Maybe. It depends on whether an airline will accept it as ID.

  • 2 years ago

    Probably - but check with the airline you're flying with to confirm they accept this as ID

  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

    You don't need a passport to fly between Edinburgh and Exeter any official photo ID will do.

  • Clive
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

    Ask the airline. It's up to them what they will accept.

  • danxp2
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

    Yes you can even still use your expired passport.

    Domestic travel - all must be photographic unless otherwise stated

    A valid passport

    An expired passport (domestic flights only up to two years after expiry)

    Valid EU or Swiss national identity card

    Valid driving licence (Full or Provisional are accepted)

    Valid armed forces identity card

    Valid police warrant card/badge

    Valid airport employees security identity pass

    A child on parent’ s passport is an acceptable form of ID

    CitizenCard or Civillian Card

    Valid firearm certificate

    Valid Government-issued identity card

    NHS SMART card

    Electoral identity card

    NUS card (National Union of Students)

    University/college ID card

    Company ID card of nationally recognised company

    Council issued bus pass

    Young Scot card

    Disabled badges which have a photograph of the holder

    Certificate of Competency issued by the Government (domestic routes only, must be photographic)

    VALIDATE UK PASS photographic proof of age cards

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.