Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 years ago

I’m 15 and i wanna lose weight. Please tell me if what I’m doing is enough and feel free to suggest something more effective.?

Hey, so let’s start of with the basic details. I’m a 15 year old female and i weigh around 79-80 KG. My height is almost 5ft 7inches. I’ve been struggling with my weight since as long as i can remember and now i really want to achieve my goals. It’s summer break right now and school opens in about 2 months and i really need to lose weight by then. I’m not strictly following any diet because i know I’ll absolutely be unable to do that. In the morning I start off with 2 glasses of kinda warm water with one lemon squeezed into it, and then since I’m already feeling full i eat an apple/peach/ or have so yoghurt with it. Now I cannot follow a diet and i just eat like last night i had a slice of pizza and today i ate half a donut. I try not to but still i end up eating at least a bit. I drink 2 mugs of green tea a day and around 3 litres of water daily too. For exercise i just watch videos on youtube and i do a 4 minute arm toning workout and a 5 minute ab workout. I’m moderately active like i go up and down the stairs many times a day. I’ll try to avoid junk food and sugar too. Now all of this I’ve been doing for the past 4-5 days and yes, I’ll admit i ate some type of unhealthy stuff too in these 4-5 days. I’m trying reallly hard tho. So if i keep doing this will i lose weight? Or please just suggest something that’ll make me lose weight FAST. I can’t keep on dieting so i need something fast. I’m also gonna take Oprah’s advice and try not to EAT ANYTHING past 8pm.

Favorite Answer

My advice since you're only 15 is -- do not eat any wheat products - no bread, pasta, cereal. Yes avoid sugar.

You can eat healthy meals of meat (not breaded), vegetables, and make sure to include healthy fats, such as olive oil or avocado oil, for examples. You can make salad dressing with oil and vinegar. It's actually very tasty. I use apple cider vinegar and oil.

Weight loss is mostly about what we are eating. It's not a good idea to starve ourselves. You can also do research online about weight loss to see what you come up with. I use the Ketogenic Diet. I used to use Atkins and i lost a good bit of weight doing that. However, there is one key to all of this -- we have to remember food is for ENERGY for our body not for entertainment. And once we lose the weight we really need to continue our healthy eating lifestyle. Of course, once in a while it's ok to have a treat -- but just once in a while.

Another thing you might seriously consider is to stop staying you "can't". Because YOU CAN. If i can, you can. I lost over 80 lbs. And i have kept it off for several years.

• maheen2 years agoReport

THANK YOU!!!

• 1 year ago

There are 3 factors in weight loss - exercise, diet, and motivation.

One place I discovered which succeeds in merging these is the Triple trim tactic (check it out on google) definately the most incredible diet i've seen.

Check out the before and after photos and unbelievable reviews.

So I first looked at the CDC growth charts to see where you are.

Height:

you're at the 90 percentile (taller than 90%). You'll probably grow another 1/2 to 1 inch.

Weight:

95 percentile.

You are a little heavier than ave for your height, but not by much.

IF you want to lose weight, do it slowly! Maybe just cut carbs.

Another idea is to stop all foods with preservatives, in other words, simply eat real food.

• maheen2 years agoReport

Thanks alot! Appreciate it :)

Exercise should honestly be 30-45 minutes per day. 4-5 minutes here and there doesn't do anything. Eating a slice of pizza is fine. That won't make you fat anymore than eating one salad will make you skinny.

• maheen2 years agoReport

Yes i get it but the i cant workout for more than 10-15 minutes. Is it okay if i go for a 30 min walk in the park and also do the other workouts with that?

H