Computer programming language...........?

I've recently decided to begin "attempting" to learn programming... Not expecting to simply become a highly skilled coding god or guru, just want to dab in it a bit to see if it's at all for me..... I have web design experience and I did all of my coding "raw" via notepad (which is... show more I've recently decided to begin "attempting" to learn programming... Not expecting to simply become a highly skilled coding god or guru, just want to dab in it a bit to see if it's at all for me.....

I have web design experience and I did all of my coding "raw" via notepad (which is what sort of sparked my interest in the programming language), with the exception of the pasted java scripts.......... While I do know that HTML is nowhere near as complex and difficult as programming, I just figired if I can teach myself that and graphic design, programming may be something for me......

I recently (Yesterday, LOL) did some info searching and ended up downloading Python and kind of began with some beginner tutorials...... I just wanted to know, from experienced programmers, what would be a good programming for a beginner to try out and are there any websites out there that may be good for beginners to check out?

Will vote for best answer.