Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MailAbuse and Spam · 2 years ago

People against gay marriage, Why do you think you have a right to tell people who they can love?

Mjolnir, IFFF marriage is defined by society, as you suggest, then the government having any regulations on who can get married (beyond informed consent) makes no sense. And NO, I don't care who gets married as long as they are capable of consent. IE mentally capable and old enough.

Favorite Answer

Gay marriage is legal now, can we give it a rest?

• James

Sorry, they just feel they have the right to tell you who you can marry, not love.

Tradition.

The Church has run ("guided") the laws since <forever>. As long as Church Rules apply the people must obey.

A Marrage is a contract of mutual agreement.

Considering the Priests are all either Gay, or other perverts and go unpunished, they raise the smoke and use mirrors to divert attention from themselves.

Nice try but this is still playing it safe. Even if its the least wimpy of the 3 questions. Go after cons directly with something controversial and I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

I will give you partial credit for mildly pissing off mjolnir.

• Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

Indeed, I wrote my opinion about pulling our troops out of countries and reducing the size of our military. YOU said that would piss off cons. Two leftists BLASTED me. Explain yourself.

They are idiots. They want to strip away people's humanity yet still expect their full commitment to society (i.e. blacks in combat during racist times/ vietnam), and it's all to feel better about themselves. As they talk about the "sacred bond" having being divorced twice...

• Ricky

People against Sibling marraige, Why do you think you have a right to tell people who they can love?

People against Child marraige, Why do you think you have a right to tell people who they can love?

People against Animal marraige, Why do you think you have a right to tell people who they can love?

• Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

1.) don't really care
      2.) CONSENT
      3.) CONSENT. But you figure out how to get a goat to say I do and you can marry a goat, if you like.

We don't care who you love or where you dip your winkie, but the fact is that marriage is defined by society, and marriages made legal by said society, especially if such a society has the right to self-government.

Do you oppose polygamy? Then you're obviously a hater and oppressor.

Do you oppose incestuous marriage? Then you're obviously a hater and oppressor.

Or do you think society has a vested interest in who is allowed to legally be married and is empowered to define what is and what is not a legal marriage?

Try answering this honestly, if you can.

• Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

Then you have no objections to any size or form of marriage, then? Why can't you answer my questions?

Why do you think you have a right to redefine marriage?

• Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

Who do you think defined marriage in the first place? The government? Marriage was around before the gov't and so were homosexual couples.

Who ever said that you can't love who ever you want to? I love my dog but do not want to marry it and most people don't think I should.

• Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

Can your dog give informed consent?

• Bill

Saying to a group of people they can't get married is not the same thing as saying they can't love each other.

• Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

Bill, hospital visitation is kind of a big deal. So is recognition of being a couple by society.