Addicted to daydreaming?

I didn't think I was addicted to day dreaming, until my friend mentioned it. I daydream all the time. Sometimes I'll even visit my friends in wonderland. When I daydream, I'm not aware of what's happening in reality, but certain trigger words snap me out of the trance. Things like my name, things... show more I didn't think I was addicted to day dreaming, until my friend mentioned it.

I daydream all the time. Sometimes I'll even visit my friends in wonderland. When I daydream, I'm not aware of what's happening in reality, but certain trigger words snap me out of the trance. Things like my name, things that don't make sense (look, a flying zebra!), things that seem dangerous (death, die, blood etc) and other things like that.

I even daydream without realizing it. Sometimes if I daydream about having a conversation with someone, then I won't remember if I actually spoke to them about the topic I daydreamed about.

This affects my grades, since I never pay attention in class. It's hard for me. Staying in reality takes a mental effort. I have to try to not daydream, and it's hard.

I reaaaally want to daydream, but I have to force myself not to, and I feel disappointed when I don't get to daydream. But most of the time, I do it anyway, because staying in reality takes a mental effort.

Am I addicted? I don't want to stop, but how can I still focus in class?

It's not disassociation, because I've never faced any type of trauma. It's not maladaptive daydreaming because I don't think that's real.