Bug bombing house for fleas & package says extinguish all pilot lights before bombing. Do I really need to do that to bomb house & basement?

My mom doesn’t think that’s necessary (even though it says to do so right on the package, and we’re bombing the basement as well in the room opposite the water heater), and that I’m just overreacting and starting to get anxiety over bug bombs possibly hurting us, because the guy at the hardware store never... show more My mom doesn’t think that’s necessary (even though it says to do so right on the package, and we’re bombing the basement as well in the room opposite the water heater), and that I’m just overreacting and starting to get anxiety over bug bombs possibly hurting us, because the guy at the hardware store never mentioned anything about pilot lights when teling is about the bombs. Are bug bombs really THAT dangerous and explosive? And do I absolutely HAVE to extinguish all pilot lights before bombing the basement?