He cheated. I don’t want to leave. Advice and opinions?

A couple days ago I found out that the love of my life had an affair for 2 months in November and December. They only physically met up once but talked a lot. They never had sex but they made out, felt each other, and sent pictures. I also found out that it was on a day that I came over later that night. He and I... show more A couple days ago I found out that the love of my life had an affair for 2 months in November and December. They only physically met up once but talked a lot. They never had sex but they made out, felt each other, and sent pictures. I also found out that it was on a day that I came over later that night. He and I had sex. I had no idea.

7 months later I find out. He had no intentions of ever telling me. He fooled everyone - everyone, including me, thought I was the luckiest girl in the world. He wasn’t even the one to break it off, it was her.

I tried to leave a few times but he keeps breaking down & promising he was never going to do it again. He said he didn’t love me very much then or respect me but everything’s changed the past 6 months or so. And that’s true - we used to fight really unhealthily and had a lot of problems until 6 or 7 months ago. Lately we’ve been almost perfect.

He was going to let me marry him and never was going to tell me. I’m not ready to give up. He ever did it again I’ve already resolved to completely ghosting him. But is it even possible for a guy to cheat once, realize how much someone means to him, and never do it again?