Wired or wireless headphones? And why?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 7
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Depends what the headphones are used for - and how they are used.

For my needs, assuming a smartphone is being used, wireless headphones when I know I will be talking (using the phone part of the smartphone); wired when listening to music for a long time.

When I'm on location or editing, then wired, full-ear muff, noise cancelling headphones (no mic).

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Wired

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Wired because only you can hear it

• 1 year ago

Wired.

Because they will Work,

whereas wireless ones don't always work reliably.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Wireless, so I can go check on my mac n cheese without losing what's happening

• 1 year ago

Wired.... to set them up you just plug them into the hole and they just work as long as the wire hasn't broken inside the insulation (as they usually do eventually).

But I guess it also depends on whether you need them for a device you carry around on your person (e.g. an iPhone / iPod type thing) or if you need them so you can listen to something you sit further back from such as a home cinema system in the livingroom or bedroom.

Wired probably the better option for a device you carry around, because as long as the wire ain't too long it sort of doubles up as a safety-tether device to save your gadget if you manage to drop it.

Wireless probably a better option on a home cinema set-up where needing long trailing wires would be a pain in the a*s

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.