Home improvement project stressing me out!?

My boyfriend and I decided to mount a tv on the living room wall. It's my apartment, but I'm more than willing to make changes and improvements with his help. Now, the TV is mounted and we've TOTALLY rearranged the living room and there's stuff EVERYWHERE! This project resulted in me having to throw... show more My boyfriend and I decided to mount a tv on the living room wall. It's my apartment, but I'm more than willing to make changes and improvements with his help.
Now, the TV is mounted and we've TOTALLY rearranged the living room and there's stuff EVERYWHERE! This project resulted in me having to throw out some of my valued possessions and there's less room now to plug various appliances in.
I love that my bf helped me redo the living room and make it "different" - and I can't go back now and say I'm unhappy with it - I thought it would look nice, but it's more of a hassle now. But the clean up and facing all the things I have to get rid of (photos, figurines, books) is giving me anxiety. I don't even want to be in my living room or LOOK at the task ahead.

How can I get motivated to make my living room space decent again?