Is it not worth it?

I've been rock climbing for 5 years and got stuck at 5.12 difficulty. I've talked to various climbers and they told me in order to climb at a higher level I need to lose muscle mass and focus on endurance which is a completely different type of training compared to lifting heavier weights 8-12 for mass and... show more I've been rock climbing for 5 years and got stuck at 5.12 difficulty. I've talked to various climbers and they told me in order to climb at a higher level I need to lose muscle mass and focus on endurance which is a completely different type of training compared to lifting heavier weights 8-12 for mass and 15-20 is endurance.

On top of that I would have to drop my body fat percentage to extremely low levels to get an edge which will not be too good for overall health if you think of it.

Then dedicate hours into just strengthening the fingers and tendons.

Does this seem fun anymore? I don't think its worth it, would you? When you look at the elite level climbers they are mostly very tall and skinny, I don't want to really lose muscle mass just to climb easier who would?