Why do the tax agents always tell me different hings every time I do my tax return?

I've been going to the same place to do my tax return for four years and they keep telling me I can claim this and that but when next year I bring receipts for this and that they decide I actually CAN'T claim tax on them? As far as I know you can claim anything you use for work directly such as my uniform,... show more I've been going to the same place to do my tax return for four years and they keep telling me I can claim this and that but when next year I bring receipts for this and that they decide I actually CAN'T claim tax on them? As far as I know you can claim anything you use for work directly such as my uniform, shoes, stationary etc but when I brought in receipts for the 3 paid of steel cap boots I bought over the past year they said "Why did you buy so many? You can only claim one pair a year" to which I was shocked since the previous years I always got tax back for multiple shoes! I work an extremely physical job, my shoes do not last more than four months and even by that point they're falling apart and I buy high quality shoes! She also said I can't claim socks, I always could before, I can't claim stationary because "I couldn't prove it was for work purposes" they never asked for proof before and god knows how I would even prove that, do I need photos of myself using a pen at work? It seems like their job is to get me as little tax back as possible!