J.R.
Lv 4
J.R. asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 years ago

Are there any other WW II vets here on Yahoo?

I enlisted at 17 to fight the Nazis in WW II. I lied about my age to get in. It was worth it. I was so proud of my fellow soldiers. I was born in 1927. I am in my 90s! I might be the oldest poster here. I am really having a ball!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Thank you for your service to our nation.

• Marli
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

It looks like you are getting a lot of flak now from people who ought to respect you. Even an anti-war person like me, from a church of conscience objectors, respects a brave man. You may have been rash and foolish to volunteer at 17, but seventeen-year-olds like excitement, don't they? They like to test their macho, or dare themselves. They race cars and bikes and take chances and sometimes they get killed or maimed. And you saw and went through a lot that would scare anyone. I respect your memories too, Mr. Black. I'm glad you are on this site and I hope you find other vets to compare notes with.

• 2 years ago

Thank you for your service, most people living today were not alive then and do not know how things were then.

• 2 years ago

Look a phony WW2 Veteran on Y/A answers. You're a disgrace.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

I think we had a few back about 10 years ago but you may be the only one now. Thank you for serving your country. You guys were heroes! The greatest generation! My dad was in the Battle of the Bulge and my father-in-law in the Pacific.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

I don't believe you for one moment.

Born 1927

Enlisted 1934 to fight the Nazis, why? in 1934 the Nazis were not doing anything.

America and Nazi Germany were on Good Terms in 1934

WWII Started in 1939

America joined WWII in 1941

So you joined up to fight against something that wasn't going on 7 years before America decided it should join WWII.

• 2 years ago

Did they deny you your pension because you lied about your birth date?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.